For the fifth year in a row, The TriFactory is proud to present the Marakez Pyramids Half Marathon, our flagship running race which invited runners from around the world to #RaceThroughHistory at the most iconic of locations: the Great Pyramids of Giza. Egypt’s signature running event features three classic distances, 5K (Fun Run), 10K, & 21K, meaning runners of all ages and abilities can take part and run through 5000 years of history.
The Giza Plateau is the home of the Great Pyramids of Giza, world-renowned landmarks and among the best preserved structures remaining from Pharaonic times. The Pyramids Complex comprises the three main pyramids: Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure. The Great Sphinx lies on the east side of the complex and is attributed to Pharaoh Khafre. Each of the three structures has its own surrounding buildings which include smaller pyramids for the Pharaohs' wives and families, as well as temples and other facilities. The Great Pyramid of Khufu is the largest and last remaining Wonder of the Ancient World, although all three pyramids are often given that designation as a group.
100% authentic. 100% amazing. The Pyramids Half Marathon takes you up close and personal to the last remaining Ancient Wonder of the World, offering runners the opportunity to choose from three fantastic distances: 5K (Fun Run), 10K, & 21K. The race course features several rolling hills and inclinations, particularly for the 10K and half marathon runners.
Runners will be able to pick up their race packs at the Official Pyramids Half Marathon Race Expo on the TWO DAYS preceding the Pyramids Half Marathon. The Race Expo will take place at Mall of Arabia in El Sheikh Zayed and will be operational both Thursday & Friday for runners to drop by and pick up their Race Packs, attend the Race Briefings, and visit all of the exciting booths that will be set up there by our sponsors and partners.
Expo Day 1 (Thursday, December 21st)
14:00 – 20:00 Race Pack Pick-Up
18:00 English Briefing
19:00 Arabic Briefing
Expo Day 2 (Friday, December 22nd)
12:00 – 20:00 Race Pack Pick-Up
18:00 English Briefing
19:00 Arabic Briefing
Race Day (Saturday, December 23rd)
7:00 am 21K & 10K races start
10:00 am Final cut-off time
10:00 am Awards Ceremony
11:00 am 5K Fun Run
Minimum age for 5K Fun Run participation: 8 years
Minimum age for 10K participation: 12 years
Minimum age for 21K participation: 16 years
Age is calculated based on year of birth.
The Marakez Pyramids Half Marathon will be organised in accordance with international standards and the rules and regulations set forth by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Egyptian Athletics Federation, and The TriFactory. Doping controls will be regulated by the relevant authorities and the Race Organiser reserves the right to request random drug testing of any athlete at the event.
As with many major races around the world, the Pyramids Half Marathon will adopt a strict cut-off time in order to maintain the level of competition for each distance and due to the inability to block off the roads indefinitely while runners complete their race. There is one cut-off time for the 21K & 10K races, which will be at 10:00 am. This allows 10K and 21K runners 3 hours to complete their chosen distance. There is no cut-off for the 5K Fun Run.
Every Marakez Pyramids Half Marathon participant (5K Fun Run, 10K, & 21K), receives a finisher’s medal upon completion of their race. Rankings will be organised in overall and age group categories. Overall winners (top three males and top three females for each distance) will receive special prizes. For the first time in 2023, there will be commemorative medals and prizes for Age Group winners (first, second, and third place) at the Awards Ceremony.
Special accommodation packages are available to all runners and visitors during the event week. Whether you are coming to compete or to cheer and support your friends and family, we have the package for you! Get in touch now by sending an email to email@example.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Ticket Terms & Conditions:
1. Payment of tickets can be made online (highly recommended for instant confirmations) or through cash deposits at CIB Bank.
2. The Final Registration Deadline will be on Monday, November 20th, 2023.
3. Members can cancel their tickets before the Final Registration Deadline and receive the amount paid as credit in their electronic wallet. The credit can then be used to purchase a new ticket, either for the Pyramids Half Marathon or any other event organised by The TriFactory. If a runner cancels their ticket following the Final Registration Deadline, they will not be eligible for a refund.
4. Changes: Registered participants can change their distance by cancelling their existing ticket and purchasing a new ticket for the race/distance of their choice. Kindly note that there may be a price difference depending on the registration phase/tier. This means that if a runner purchases a 21K race ticket during Tier 1 for EGP 800, and then chooses to change the distance to 10K once Tier 1 has closed, then the runner will have to cancel their 21K ticket, receive the credit in their electronic wallet, and then purchase their new ticket based on the price of the existing Tier.
5. Tickets cannot be transferred/resold to other participants under any circumstances.
6. At the Race Expo, participants need to present a valid photo ID along with their email confirmation in order to receive their Race Pack.
7. Ticket holders may change their race choice before the Final Registration Deadline by canceling the ticket and purchasing a new one.
8. Ticket fees include the full race experience and the Race Pack. They do not include accommodation or transportation.
To book your race ticket, you will first create a new account and then select your race and complete your purchase through one of two ways:
- Online Payment:
Use your Credit Card to pay online (this option is highly recommended and you will receive an instant confirmation of your registration).
- Cash Payment:
1. Make a cash deposit/transfer to The TriFactory bank account at CIB (Account Number: 100029925709
Account Name: TriFactory)
2. Send the bank slip to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The credit deposited in the bank account will be made available on your online account within 48 hours of sending the email confirmation to us
4. Register for your chosen race using the credit in your account
Registration for the Marakez Pyramids Half Marathon opens on Tuesday, February 21st, 2023, with a Lowest Price Guarantee Phase that will last until the midnight on Tuesday, February 28th. The Early-Bird Phase will open thereafter.
Tickets for the 10K and 21K include the full Race Pack, including the drawstring bag, race number, timing service, authentic PUMA race t-shirt, access bracelet, access to the Giza Pyramids Plateau, and access to the Race Expo, where every runner needs to pick up their Race Pack.
Tickets for the 5K Fun Run include the drawstring bag, race number, commemorative race t-shirt, access bracelet, access to the Giza Pyramids Plateau, and access to the Race Expo, where every runner needs to pick up their Race Pack.
Kindly note that ticket prices do not include Value Added Tax (VAT).
Lowest Price Guarantee
(Until February 28th)
5K Fun Run----EGP 500
(Until May 31st)
5K Fun Run----EGP 650
Thursday, June 1st - Thursday, November 30th
5K Fun Run----EGP 800
Friday, December 1st - Sunday, December 10th
5K Fun Run----EGP 1000