3K Fun Run
21.1K (Half Marathon)
Madinaty Half Marathon
RACE DATE: MAY 2023
The Madinaty Half Marathon begins and ends at the Madinaty Open Air Mall. 5K, 10K, & 21K runners should arrive at the Open Air Mall on the day of the event between 5:00 am and 6:45 am. All three professional races begin at 7:00 am. The 3K Fun Run begins at 9:30 am.
About The Madinaty Half Marathon:
The Madinaty Half Marathon was first organised by The TriFactory in spring of 2021, in partnership with Talaat Moustafa Group. The inaugural event featured 1,300 runners from across Egypt taking part in three different races, 5K, 10K, & 21K. This year, the same three distances will be organised, once more offering runners a professional-standard race experience, including automatic timing of every runner, fully closed-off roads reserved for runners only, and special race medals at the finish line. For the first time, we are also excited to announce the inclusion of a 3K Fun Run.
In addition to the fantastic destination and fast & flat race course, The TriFactory will be operating the MYLAPS timing system, which automatically times every single runner in the race. This is the same system that is used at the Olympic Games. Like all of The TriFactory's major sports events, Madinaty Half Marathon will fall under the auspices of the Ministry of Youth & Sports and the supervision of the Egyptian Athletics Federation, ensuring that it is organised to international standards.
The Madinaty Half Marathon will take runners on a world-class running course, offering participants the choice of three distances to choose from. See you on FRIDAY, MAY 13th!
Madinaty is a city of international standards right here in Egypt. It is a fully-integrated and modern city whose design focuses on providing all present and future requirements of its inhabitants and visitors.
Madinaty is not simply about residential villas and apartment buildings; it is about providing a modern lifestyle for its residents where they can find everything they can possibly need, including vast green areas, golf courses, educational institutions, sports and social clubs, hospitals, business centers, and entertainment facilities. Madinaty has a strong focus on sports for its residents, which coupled with the above, makes it an amazing destination for a world-class half marathon
As the host of this sports event, Madinaty's world-class landscape and urban planning will be a key feature of the race experience. With a residential population exceeding 300,000 people, the turnout for the Madinaty Half Marathon is expected to be in the thousands, and Madinaty's broad avenues and tree-lined streets will easily be able to accommodate them all.
Due to its private nature and strong on-site security & facility management capabilities, Madinaty is able to close down roads and dedicate them specifically for runners on the day of the event, offering an experience exactly like top marathons organised across the world.
3K Fun Run
Untimed run open for all ages. Participants receive race number & acrylic medal at Finish Line.
5,000m road running race, professionally timed using the MyLaps Timing System. Participants receive race number, race bag, race t-shirt, and premium race medal at the Finish Line.
10,000m road running race, professionally timed using the MyLaps Timing System. Participants receive race number, race bag, race t-shirt, and premium race medal at the Finish Line.
21.1K road running race, professionally timed using the MyLaps Timing System. Participants receive race number, race bag, race t-shirt, and premium race medal at the Finish Line.
The Madinaty Half Marathon is open to all runners, regardless of age or ability. There is no entrance criteria or qualification necessary for registration. The minimum age for the 5K race is 8 years, for the 10K it is 10 years, and for the 21k distance it is 16 years old. Age is calculated based on year of birth.
The Madinaty Half Marathon will be organised in accordance with international standards and the rules and regulations set forth by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Egyptian Athletics Federation, and the Race Organiser. Doping controls will be regulated by the relevant authorities and the Race Organiser reserves the right to request random drug testing of any athlete at the event.
Friday, May 13th - RACE DAY
5:00 am - 6:45 am Check-in and Race Number Pick-Up at Open Air Mall
7:00 am All races start (5K, 10K, 21K)
9:30 am 3K Fun Run
10:00 am Final Cut-Off Time
10:00 am Awards Ceremony
As with many major races around the world, the Madinaty Half Marathon will apply a cut-off time of 3 hours from the start time of the 21K distance in order to maintain the level of competition for each distance and due to the inability to block off the roads indefinitely while runners complete their race. There is no cut-off time for the 3K Fun Run.
Every Madinaty Half Marathon participant (5K, 10K, & 21K), receives a finisher’s medal upon successful completion of their race. Rankings will be organised in overall and age group categories. Overall winners (top three males and top three females for each distance) will receive special prizes.
2022 RACE MAPS
RACE NUMBERS, RACE MEDALS, & RACE T-SHIRTS
All runners will receive their Race Numbers when checking in at 6:00 am on the day of the race.
Race Medals are collected by every runner after they cross the Finish Line.
All runners will receive their Race T-Shirt following completion of their race. T-Shirts should be collected from the check-in booths at the Event Venue.
Kindly note that all ticket prices are exclusive of VAT.
(Until March 30th)
3K Family Run-----EGP 200
5K Race-----------EGP 500
10K Race----------EGP 500
21K Race----------EGP 500
(Until April 21st)
3K Family Run------EGP 300
5K Race------------EGP 600
10K Race-----------EGP 650
21K Race-----------EGP 700
(Until May 8th, subject to availability)
3K Family Run-----EGP 300
5K Race------------EGP 700
10K Race-----------EGP 750
21K Race-----------EGP 800
To book your race ticket, you will first create a new account and then select your race and complete your purchase through one of two ways:
- Online Payment:
Use your Credit Card to pay online (this option is highly recommended and you will receive an instant confirmation of your registration).
- Cash Payment:
1. Make a cash deposit/transfer to The TriFactory bank account at CIB (Account Number: 100029925709
Account Name: TriFactory)
2. Send the bank slip to our email email@example.com
3. The credit deposited in the bank account will be made available on your online account within 48 hours of sending the email confirmation to us.
4. Register for your chosen race using the credit in your account.
*Registration is not confirmed unless all four steps of the cash payment option are completed successfully.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment of tickets can be made online (highly recommended for instant confirmations) or through cash deposits at CIB Bank.
2. Ticket Changes: Ticket holders may change their race choice before the General Registration Deadline by canceling the ticket and purchasing a new one. In this case, the new ticket will be purchased at the price point valid at the new date of purchase. If the new date of purchase falls under a new ticketing phase, then ticket buyers will not benefit from the lower price they had paid during an earlier ticket phase.
3. Ticket Cancellation: Ticket holders can cancel their tickets before the General Registration Deadline and receive the full amount paid as credit in their electronic wallet, to be used for future purchases. For a step-by-step guide on how to cancel your ticket, please visit our FAQs here.
4. Following the General Registration Deadline, no changes or cancellations will be possible, regardless of personal or medical circumstances, including COVID-19 or otherwise. A full refund will only be allowed in the event that a government-declared lockdown is enforced and the race is cancelled or postponed.
5. Tickets cannot be transferred/resold to other participants under any circumstances. At the Expo/Race Pack Pick-Up, participants must present a valid photo ID that matches their ticket, in order to receive their Race Pack Pick-Up.
6. Running on behalf of someone else or sneaking into the race without a ticket will result in a permanent ban from The TriFactory events.
7. Ticket fees do not include Value Added Tax (14% VAT).
8. Ticket fees do not include accommodation or transportation.