SAQQARA PYRAMID RACE
The TriFactory is heading back to the Saqqara Necropolis to organise the Saqqara Pyramid Race, part of the #RaceThroughHistory series!
A fast and exciting dash through one of Egypt's most famous historical sites, the Saqqara Pyramid Race will take runners up close to the 5,000 year old Step Pyramid of Saqqara and offers two distances: 5K & 10K (both are one-lap race courses timed using the MyLaps timing system).
Get ready to #RaceThroughHistory at the third edition of the Saqqara Pyramid Race in 2024.
Said to be the world's oldest monumental masonry structure, the unique pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara is part of a mortuary complex for the 3rd Dynasty king Djoser. Created by the architect Imhotep, it is a unique stepped pyramid with 6 tiers. The blue tiles of Djoser's tomb, the hieroglyphs in the pyramid of Pepi I, and the Doors of the Cats (Abwab el Qotat) are all breathtaking scenes. Find out more about the Saqqara Necropolis on the Egyptian Tourism Authority website here, or watch the 'Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb' on Netflix here.
100% authentic. 100% amazing. The Saqqara Pyramid Race takes you up close and personal to the first complete pyramidal structure built by the Pharaohs, the Step Pyramid of Djoser at the Saqqara Necropolis. The Saqqara Pyramids Race will offer runners the opportunity to choose from two exciting distances, 5K & 10K. The race features terrain that is a mix of asphalt and gravel. The 2023 edition of the Saqqara Pyramid Race will not feature a 1K Kids Race. The 5K will welcome runners 8 years old and older.
6:00 am - 7:45 am Race Pack Pick-Up
8:00 am 5K & 10K Races Start
10:00 am Awards Ceremony
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFORMATION
The Saqqara Pyramid Race takes place at the Pyramid of Djoser at the Saqqara Necropolis, commonly referred to as the Saqqara Pyramid. The Race Pack Pick-Up Area, Toilets, Start Line Zone, and Finish Line Zone, are all located right next to the Saqqara Pyramid.
You can find the exact location of the Saqqara Pyramid HERE.
Access to the Saqqara Necropolis/Event Venue:
Runners can begin accessing the Event Venue from 6:00 am onwards. At the entrance gate, runners will have to present their email ticket confirmation with QR code in order to gain access to the event venue. Runners do not need to purchase a ticket from the ticket booth; their race registration fees include entry to Saqqara. Spectators and friend & family who are arriving with them will have to head down to the ticket booth and purchase a ticket. Kindly note that the basic entry ticket provided for runners by The TriFactory only includes access to the event venue; it does not include entry into the Pyramid of Djoser/Serapeum/other Pharaonic tombs.
Kindly note that you will have to park by the entrance gate and walk for 10 minutes to reach the Start Line Zone.
On the morning of Friday, February 17th, all runners are requested to arrive as early as possible, in order to ensure that they park as close as possible to the race venue. Due to limited parking spaces at the race venue, we encourage runners to carpool as much as possible.
Race Pack Pick-Up:
Race Pack Pick-Up is from 6:00 am to 7:45 am.
Runners will only receive their Race Number (with MyLaps Timing Strip) before the race.
The Race T-Shirt will be collected following completion of the race.
There will be Baggage Claim tents next to the Start Line Zone. Runners are encouraged to leave their belongings in their vehicles if possible.
There will be both male and female restrooms available at the event venue.
The Saqqara Pyramid Race is open to all runners, regardless of age or ability. There is no entrance criteria or qualification necessary for registration. The minimum age for the 5K Race is 8 years old and for the 10K Race it is 12 years old. Age is calculated based on year of birth.
The Saqqara Pyramid Race will be organised in accordance with international standards and the rules and regulations set forth by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Egyptian Athletics Federation, and The TriFactory. Doping controls will be regulated by the relevant authorities and the Race Organiser reserves the right to request random drug testing of any athlete at the event.
5K & 10K RANKING
Every Saqqara Pyramid Race participant will receive a finisher’s medal upon successful completion of their race. Rankings will be organised in overall and age group categories. Overall winners (top three males and top three females) will receive special prizes.
Tickets for the Saqqara Pyramid Race include the full Race Pack and access to the Saqqara Necropolis. The Race Pack includes the T-Shirt, & Race Number with MyLaps timing strip, and special giveaways from our sponsors. The ticket fee also includes the Finisher Medal and digital certificate, both of which are received following successful completion of the race distance. Kindly note that all ticket prices are exclusive of VAT.
(Until December 31st, 2023)
(January 1st - January 31st)
(From February 1st, Subject to Availability)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment of tickets can be made online (highly recommended for instant confirmations) or through cash deposits at CIB Bank.
2. Ticket Changes: Ticket holders may change their race choice before the General Registration Deadline by canceling the ticket and purchasing a new one. In this case, the new ticket will be purchased at the price point valid at the new date of purchase. If the new date of purchase falls under a new ticketing phase, then ticket buyers will not benefit from the lower price they had paid during an earlier ticket phase.
3. Ticket Cancellation: Ticket holders can cancel their tickets before the General Registration Deadline and receive the full amount paid as credit in their electronic wallet, to be used for future purchases. For a step-by-step guide on how to cancel your ticket, please visit our FAQs here.
4. Following the General Registration Deadline, no changes or cancellations will be possible, regardless of personal or medical circumstances, including COVID-19 or otherwise. A full refund will only be allowed in the event that a government-declared lockdown is enforced and the race is cancelled or postponed.
5. Tickets cannot be transferred/resold to other participants under any circumstances. At the Expo/Race Pack Pick-Up, participants must present a valid photo ID that matches their ticket, in order to receive their Race Pack Pick-Up.
6. Running on behalf of someone else or sneaking into the race without a ticket will result in a permanent ban from The TriFactory events.
7. Ticket fees do not include Value Added Tax (14% VAT).
8. Ticket fees do not include accommodation or transportation.
Three Pick-Up & Drop-Off Points:
Abdelmoneim Riad Square, Wust El Balad
HyperOne, El Sheikh Zayed
Emirates Gas Station, next to Downtown Mall, New Cairo
Buses will depart at 6:00 am sharp from all three locations and will depart from the Race Venue at 10:30 am.
Bus tickets can be purchased HERE for EGP 100.